Home Ownership

Apply for or adjust Home Protection Scheme cover

Safeguard your home against death, terminal illness, or total permanent disability.

The Home Protection Scheme (HPS) is a mortgage-reducing insurance for properties from the Housing & Development Board (HDB). If you use your CPF savings to finance your housing loan, you must apply for HPS cover for the loan.

Use this form when:

  • You are applying for a new HPS cover
  • There have been changes to your outstanding loan or repayment period
  • You have made a partial housing loan repayment
  • There has been a change of ownership for your property
  • You need to adjust your share of cover

Important notes

  • If you submit this form and you have an existing cover, the sum assured will be recalculated based on the outstanding loan, changes to your share of cover, and your current health.
  • If you have applied, or intend to apply, for exemption from HPS, you still need to submit this form. If exemption is approved, your HPS cover application will not be processed. If exemption is not approved, your HPS cover application continues.
  • When specifying your share of cover, please ensure that it matches the proportion of monthly housing instalment payments you are responsible for.
  • Your application will be rejected if the total household share of cover is less than 100%.

To complete this form, you will need:

  • Supporting documents, if any, to support your application. These include medical reports, laboratory results or a doctors' memo.