Singapore Government Agency Privacy Statement
- This is a Government Singapore Agency digital service. In this Privacy Statement, “we”, “us” or “our” refers collectively to the Central Provident Fund Board.
- This Privacy Statement sets out the way in which we may use the information, including your personal data and any data relating to third party individuals, which were obtained via your access to and/or use of the digital service (“Information”).
- If you are only browsing this digital service, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
- We reserve the right to modify or supplement the Privacy Statement at our discretion and at any time, by posting the modified or supplemented Privacy Statement on or through the digital service, or through such other means as we may deem appropriate. Your continued use of the digital service following the posting of any modification or supplement will constitute your acceptance of such modification or supplement.
Collection of Information
- We may collect the Information through various technologies including but not limited to:
- Analytics tags: Analytics tags are third party elements used by us to analyse the effectiveness of the functionalities, features and user preferences relating to the digital service;
- Server logs: Server logs are files and records of activity created by the device that you use the digital service from. For example, a server log may record a history of page requests, errors, access attempts or other information about your Device, such as your IP address or Operating System (OS); and
- Device information: Information relating to your device such as its, type, operating system, and other technical attributes.
Collection of Third-Party Information
- In the course of your use of the digital service, you may provide, or we may collect Information relating to third party individuals from you.
- You shall, prior to disclosing to us such Information relating to other individuals:
- notify these individuals (i) that you will be providing their Information to us or through your use of the digital service; and (ii) of the Purposes for which we will be collecting, using, disclosing, and processing their Information, as set out in this Privacy Statement; and
- obtain the consent from the individuals whose Information are being disclosed, permitting (i) you to disclose the Information to us or through your use of the digital service; and (ii) us to collect, use, disclose and process these individuals’ Information for the Purposes.
- You represent and warrant that:
- The Information that you will be providing us or have provided us is, complete, accurate, true, and correct; and
- you have the valid authority and consent from these individuals to act on their behalf and provide their Information to us to collect, use, disclose and process for the Purposes.
Use of Information
- We may use the Information for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- to carry out your instructions or respond to any queries, feedback or complaints provided by (or purported to be provided by) you or on your behalf, or otherwise for the purposes of responding to or dealing with your interactions with us;
- to monitor and track your usage of the digital service, in order to assist us in understanding user behaviour, trends and preferences, and in improving our services. For the avoidance of doubt, we may also collect, use, disclose and process such Information to create reports and produce statistics regarding the above for record-keeping and reporting or publication purposes (whether internally or externally). Information used in such reports and statistics will be anonymised before publication;
- for the purposes of storing or creating backups of your Information for contingency or business continuity purposes;
- to prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful or criminal activity or omission or misconduct via the use of the digital service, whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- to deal with conflict of interests or investigate complaints in relation to your use of the digital service;
- to pre-fill forms, e-applications or any screen on our digital service, with your Information;
- to contact you or communicate with you on any matters relating to your use of the digital service, including but not limited to the purposes set out above, via email, push notifications or such other forms of communication that we may introduce from time to time depending on the functionality of the digital service and your device;
- to contact you or communicate with you to facilitate the conduct of market research, surveys, and promotional activities by us; and
- for any other purpose(s) that do not appear above where permissible under any written law,
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
- Where appropriate, we may share necessary Information with other Government Agencies, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
- We will NOT share your Information with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services. We will NOT share your Information with other non-Government entities without your consent except where such sharing complies with the law.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you Information you had previously supplied us or other Government Agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the Information be out-of-date, please supply us with the latest personal data. We are not liable for any damage or loss caused to you due to errors in the Information.
Protection of Information
- To safeguard your Information, all electronic storage and transmission of Information is secured with appropriate security technologies. You can help further by safeguarding the confidentiality of your Singpass.
- This digital service may contain links to non-Government digital services whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other digital services and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those digital services.
- Please contact us via cpf.gov.sg/writetous if you:
- have any enquiries or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures, or
- need more updates on or access to Information which you have provided to us in the past.