Use of MediSave for Overseas Treatment - Elective
Patients who are Singaporeans (SC) or Permanent Residents (PR) and normally residing in Singapore may use their own or their approved dependants’ MediSave for overseas elective treatments. Approved dependants refer to spouses, children, parents, siblings and/or grandchildren.
Patients will need a referral from MediSave-accredited healthcare providers, Health Management International (HMI) or Parkway Holdings Pte Ltd (Parkway), if they wish to use MediSave to pay for the medical bill. The patient can contact HMI at 6334 7283 or Parkway Holdings Pte Ltd at 6340 8694 to check if they have affiliated hospital(s) in the country where they wish to receive treatment.
Use of MediSave for Overseas Treatment - Medical Emergency/Treatment not Available in Singapore
MediSave is primarily meant to help Singaporeans and Permanent Residents pay for their major inpatient hospitalisation expenses and selected outpatient expenses locally. When travelling overseas, CPF members should consider purchasing travel insurance to protect against the risk of incurring unforeseen medical expenses.
Appeals to use MediSave for overseas emergency treatments will be considered on a case-by-case basis if the following conditions are fulfilled:
1. The patient must be a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) of Singapore (Please note that the patient may appeal to use his/ her or their approved dependants’ MediSave to pay for their own overseas hospitalisations. Approved dependants refer to a member’s spouse, children, parents, siblings and/or grandparents.);2. The patient is normally residing in Singapore and is overseas for a short period of time for holiday or work; and 3. The use of MediSave is only limited to inpatient admission that exceeds a minimum of eight hours or day surgery, which has been assessed to be a medical emergency by our Medical Advisors. It cannot be used for outpatient treatments.
For such cases, the following supporting documents have to be submitted to CPF Board for consideration on a case-by-case basis:
1. Original copy (Certified true copy by Hospital is accepted) of the patient's medical records - Discharge summary, operation notes (if any) or clinical notes showing the history, diagnosis and treatment plan for the patient.
2. Original copy (Certified true copy by Hospital is accepted) of the final hospital bill for the patient.
3. Passport information - showing passport holder and the entry/departure of the foreign country.
4. Bank Statement showing the bank account number and name of account holder (Only Singapore local banks are accepted).
5. Completed Medical Claims Authorisation Form (MCAF), to authorise the use of MediSave upon an approval. You may find a copy of the MCAF on the MOH website.
6. NRIC – Front and back copy belonging to patient and MediSave payer (if applicable).
The above documents must be in English, or be officially translated into English. You can submit the documents at our CPF Service Centres.
In light of the Covid-19 situation, you may alternatively e-mail the scanned completed documents to us via our e-mail address MediSave@cpf.gov.sg.
Please adjust the width of your browser or use a desktop machine for a better web experience.Thank you.