Scheduled Maintenance: CPF digital services will not be available on 25 Feb 2024, from 2am to 5am.

Your page is loading.
One moment please.

If I do not have enough CPF savings to pay for my property, can I top up my CPF account with cash to make up the shortfall?

If you do not have enough CPF savings to pay for your property, you can still make a voluntary contribution to your CPF account. This is subject to the CPF Annual Limit.

The voluntary contributions will be apportioned and credited to your Ordinary, Special, and MediSave accounts and is based on the CPF allocation rates.

As only Ordinary Account savings can be used for housing repayments, you may consider paying the shortfall in cash to your bank (if you are taking a bank loan) or to the Housing & Development Board (HDB) (if you are taking an HDB loan) directly.