You are viewing a pre-production site.

Scheduled Maintenance: Singpass is undergoing scheduled maintenance from 28 Sep 2023, 11pm to 29 Sep 2023, 2am. You may face intermittent disruptions when accessing CPF digital services.

Your page is loading.
One moment please.

What will happen to my Single Premium Home Protection Scheme cover if there are changes to my outstanding housing loan?

If your loan repayment period or loan amount has reduced, your Single Premium (SP) Home Protection Scheme (HPS) cover will be terminated. We will issue you an Annual Premium (AP) HPS cover based on your new outstanding housing loan. Any surrender value of your SP HPS cover will be paid to your CPF Ordinary Account.

However, if the changes to your housing loan result in an increase in your HPS cover, such as an increase in cover period or sum assured, obtaining an additional AP cover will be subject to you being in good health. If you are not eligible for the additional cover, you will remain insured under your SP cover.

Do I need to inform the Board to adjust my Home Protection Scheme cover if I make a partial repayment of my loan?