Your page is loading.
One moment please.

What happens if my employer or insurer is paying part of my hospital expenses?
If you have given the hospital a Letter of Guarantee or Hospitalisation Identity Card at admission, the hospital will send the bill to your employer or insurer. Your employer or insurer will then work out the part of the bill to be paid by you. They will then ask you to sign a Medical Claims Authorisation Form (MCAF) if you wish to pay the amount from your MediSave Account (MA).

When your employer or insurer returns the MCAF to the hospital, the hospital will arrange to deduct the amount from your MA.

Some hospitals may request that you sign the MCAF at admission especially if your employer or insurer is paying only part of your hospital expenses.