Scheduled Maintenance: CPF digital services will not be available on 26 Mar 2023, from 12am to 8am.

Your page is loading.
One moment please.

What do I need to do to receive Workfare Income Supplement (WIS)?

If you are an employee, you do not need to do anything. Your eligibility for Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) will be automatically assessed based on the CPF contributions* made by your employer.

If you are a Self-Employed Person (SEP), you will need to:

• declare your net trade income to: the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) if you have been issued an income tax return package; or the CPF Board if you have not been issued an income tax return package, by logging in to the CPF website with your Singpass to complete and submit the Self-Employed Person Income Declaration Form by 18 April. After 18 April, please write to us for us to process your income declaration; and

• make the required MediSave contributions.

*Under the CPF Act, employers must contribute CPF if their employees earn more than $50 a month, regardless of whether the employee is employed on a permanent, part-time, contract or casual basis. If your employer is not contributing CPF on your behalf, please approach your employer to clarify on the discrepancies. If your employer does not provide you with a satisfactory response, you can lodge a report with CPF Board.