Scheduled Maintenance: CPF digital services will not be available on 3 Dec 2023, from 12am to 8am.

Your page is loading.
One moment please.

Can I enjoy tax relief as a self-employed person when I transfer the savings in my Ordinary and/or Special accounts to my MediSave Account?

You can only enjoy tax relief as a self-employed person if you make voluntary cash top-ups and not through transfer of savings in your Ordinary and/or Special Account(s) to your MediSave Account.

There is no tax relief for your mandatory or voluntary CPF contributions if your assessed net trade income for the year of assessment is zero or negative.

Alternatively, you can also receive tax relief when making cash top-ups via the Retirement Sum Topping-Up Scheme.