What are the criteria for inclusion of Corporate Bonds under the CPF Investment Scheme (CPFIS)?
In considering the inclusion of Corporate Bonds under the CPF Investment Scheme, the Board uses the following criteria:
- The bonds are issued by a company incorporated in Singapore;
- The bonds are listed on Singapore Exchange (SGX);
- The bonds are traded in Singapore dollars;
- The bonds are not offered to institutional investors or accredited investors and certain other persons only under Section 274 or 275 of the Securities and Futures Act;
- The bonds are not subject to trading restrictions in the secondary market;
- The bonds are rated at least A2 by Moody's, A by Standard and Poor's or A by Fitch; and
- Prospectus, which comply with the Securities and Futures Act requirements for the bonds, are issued. For bonds which are exempted from the prospectus requirement, an information memorandum setting out the terms of the issue, the risks of investing in the bonds and other relevant information must be issued and made available to CPF members.