Scheduled Maintenance: CPF digital services will not be available on 3 Mar 2024, from 12am to 8am.

Making Voluntary Contributions

Your page is loading.
One moment please.

I have overpaid CPF contributions for my employees. Can I offset or adjust the excess amount paid to a future month?

You may apply to the Board to adjust the excess CPF contributions paid to a later month if you have overpaid CPF contributions for your employees.

However, you cannot apply to adjust excess contributions paid to a future month when CPF contributions are not due nor payable yet. For illustration, please refer to the following table:

Is month end adjustment allowable

You can submit an online application for "Adjustment of CPF Payment" if you have a CPF Account number and CPF Submission Number (CSN). 

  1. Application for the adjustment has to be made immediately and no later than one year from the date of payment. Otherwise, it will be deemed as properly paid and cannot be adjusted.
  2. You have to inform all employees affected by the adjustment.
  3. Application is subject to the availability of funds in the member's CPF account.
  4. You will be notified by the Board after the adjustment has been processed.
  5. The due date for CPF contributions is on the last day of the calendar month. Late payment interest will be charged at 1.5% per month commencing from the first day after the due date if employers fail to pay by the 14th of the following month (or the next working day if the 14th falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday).