Thank you for visiting IM$avvy (hereinafter known as the "Website"). This Website is owned by the Central Provident Fund Board (hereinafter known as the "CPFB"), and supported by MoneySENSE. CPFB reserves the right to update or modify this Website from time to time.
2. In case of any violation of these TOU, CPFB reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for such violations. These TOU apply to all visits to this Website.
3. The materials located on this Website, including the information as well as any software programs available on or through this Website, are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by CPFB.
4. In consideration of your use of our website, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration form (hereinafter known as the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or CPFB has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, CPFB may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website (or any parts thereof).
5. Registration Data and certain other information about you are subject to our Privacy Statement.
REGISTERED USER, ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
6. If you are a registered user, you may receive a password and account designation upon completing the Website's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify CPFB of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security and (b) ensure that you log off from your account at the end of each session. CPFB will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Clause.
USER CONTENT & USER CONDUCT
7. All information, data, text, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (hereinafter known as the "Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not CPFB or MoneySENSE, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via or on the Website.
8. CPFB and MoneySENSE do not necessarily control the Content posted via or on the Website and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Website, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CPFB or MoneySENSE be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via or on the Website.
9. You agree to not use the Website to:
(a) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(b) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise represent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(c) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(d) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
(e) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
(f) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(g) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
(h) interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
(i) "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
(j) collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that CPFB may not pre-screen the Content, but that CPFB shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Website without having to inform Website users or provide any reasons for exercising its right. For example, CPFB shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOU or is otherwise objectionable.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
CPFB may preserve the Content and may also disclose the Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOU; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CPFB, its users and the public.
LICENCE TO USE CONTENT
10. CPFB does not claim ownership of the Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Website. However, with respect to the Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Website, you grant CPFB a world-wide, royalty free, non-revocable and non-exclusive license to archive? use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content.
11. You agree to indemnify and hold CPFB, MoneySENSE, and its officers, agents, contractors, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Website, your use of the Website, your connection to the Website, your breach of the TOU, or your violation of any rights of another.
GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
12. CPFB may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Website, including the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Website, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the Website, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on the Website, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on CPFB's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Website in a given period of time.
13. CPFB has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Website. You acknowledge that CPFB reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that CPFB may change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion without giving notice or providing reasons.
14. CPFB may at any time modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) without notice nor explanation. CPFB shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
15. CPFB reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Website, at any time, without having to give any reason or prior notice thereof.
16. You agree that you will not:
(a) use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy any pages other than for non-commercial purpose within this Website or the Contents without CPFB's prior written permission;
(b) use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website; or
(c) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website's servers.
17. CPFB may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your CPFB account, any associated email address and access to the Website.
Cause for such termination includes (a) your breach of the TOU or other incorporated agreements, rules or guidelines; (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies; (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions); (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Website (or any part thereof); (e) unexpected technical issues or problems, and (f) extended periods of inactivity.
Termination of your account includes (a) removal of access to all features within the Website; (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof); and (c) barring further use of the Website.
Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made at CPFB's sole discretion and that CPFB shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to the Website.
LINKS FROM THIS WEBSITE TO OTHER WEBSITES
18. This Website contains hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained nor controlled by CPFB or MoneySENSE. CPFB and MoneySENSE shall not be responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk.
19. All hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this website. The inclusion of any hyperlink does not imply endorsement by CPFB or MoneySENSE of such websites. In no circumstances shall CPFB or MoneySENSE be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this website is linked.
LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE FROM OTHER WEBSITES
20. Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Website or any of the Contents are prohibited.
21. Linking to the Homepage: You may link to the Homepage of this Website, upon notifying CPFB in writing.
22. Hyperlinking to an internal page of this Website: You must make a specific request for, and secure permission from CPFB prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this Website or any of the Contents, or engaging in similar activities. CPFB reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Website or any of the Contents.
23. Your linking to, or your framing of this Website or any of the Contents constitute acceptance of these TOU. This is deemed to be the case even after the posting of any changes or modifications to these TOU. If you do not accept these TOU, you must discontinue linking to, or framing of this Website or any of the Contents.
24. Under no circumstances shall CPFB or MoneySENSE be considered to be associated or affiliated in any manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites that link to this Website or any of the Contents.
25. CPFB reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
26. CPFB reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the contents available on any other website reached by links to or from this Website or any of the Contents.
27. CPFB reserves the right to amend or change the URL of this Website. Under no circumstances is CPFB obliged to inform or give prior notice to third parties who had hyperlinked to this Website about the amendment or change of this Website's URL.
28. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Website may also provide notices of changes to the TOU or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
29. CPFB respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, please email to CPFB with the following information:
(a) a description of the intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(b) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
(c) your address, telephone number, and email address; and
(d) a statutory declaration, stating (i) that in good faith you believe that an act which constitutes an infringement of the intellectual property rights in question was carried out on the Website; (ii) the grounds for your belief; and (iii) such other information as you may think is useful.
30. The Content, design and layout of this Website is protected by intellectual property and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No Content, (including any logo, graphic, sound, image or search engine) from this Website may be copied or transmitted for commercial purpose (including where the commercial aspect forms only part of the purpose) unless you receive prior written consent from CPFB.
31. Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose except as otherwise provided will be a violation of CPFB's copyright and other intellectual property rights.
32. The Contents of this Website are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, and are of a general nature. Notwithstanding any suggestion, implied or otherwise, the contents of this Website, including hyperlinks into or out from the Website, are intended to provide information of a general nature only, and are not intended to represent or be a substitute for professional advice. While every effort is made to ensure that the Contents herein are consistent with existing law and practice, you are advised to refer to the relevant legislation to be certain of your legal entitlements and obligations and should seek professional advice at all times before making any decision based on any such information or materials. Neither CPFB, MoneySENSE, nor any third party content providers is responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of the information and material in this Website or the tools contained in this Website.
33. Neither CPFB, MoneySENSE, nor any third party content providers warrants:
(a) the truth, accuracy, adequacy, reliability, completeness, reasonableness, currency or timeliness, of the Contents contained in or accessed through this Website and expressly disclaims liability for any errors in or omissions from, the Contents of the Website; and
(b) that the Contents available through this Website or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Website and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, program or macro.
34. No warranty of any kind, express, implied or statutory (including but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, non-infringement of third-party intellectual property rights, fitness for any particular purpose and freedom from computer virus), is given in conjunction with the Contents of this Website, the tools contained in this Website or this Website in general.
35. In no event shall CPFB, MoneySENSE, or any third party content providers be liable for damages, expenses, costs or loss of any kind (including without limitation any direct, or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, loss of profits or loss opportunity) howsoever caused as a result (direct or indirect) of, or in connection with, your use of this Website, or reliance on any information, materials, tools or online services provided in or available from this Website, irregardless of the form of action.
36. Under no circumstances shall CPFB, MoneySENSE, or any third party content providers be liable for any failure of performance, system, server or connection failure, interruption, defect, error, omission, delay in operation or transmission, breach of security, malicious code, computer virus or inability or unavailability to use or access in connection with your accessing this Website, tools, and / or online services even if CPFB, MoneySENSE, or the third party content providers had been advised as to the possibility of the above.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
37. You agree that under no circumstances shall CPFB or MoneySENSE, be liable to you on account of your use or misuse of and reliance on the Website. Such exclusion of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from use or misuse of and reliance on the Website, from inability to use the Website, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of the Website (including such damages incurred by third parties).
38. The use of the Website and any questions or dispute arising from the use of the Website shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.