1. Do you know that fixed income is a relatively safe investment and yet as an asset class, it has outperformed equity in the last 15 years?
2. Do you want to know more about fixed income securities (also known as bond)?
3. Are you keen to explore bond investment to replace you bank deposits in this low interest rate environment?
If your answer is YES to any of the above, we welcome you to join us for this fixed income course preview.
The main objective of this course is to teach participants to invest in fixed income securities in a profitable manner, by making 2 important decisions:
1. Securities selection
2. Maturity (duration) targeting
1. What’s a bond?
2. Bond returns versus equity, property and cash
3. Expected returns
Samuel Tan has 18 years of successful trading and portfolio management experiences across various asset classes such as fixed income, currencies and equity indices etc. The main highlight of his career includes 8.5 years as a Fund Manager with Temasek Holdings, where he looked after one of the largest Singapore fixed income portfolio, managed the currency overlay, contributed to asset allocation decisions between bond and equity asset classes and also allocated funds to hedge funds.
With the outstanding fund management track record at Temasek Holdings, Samuel proceeded to work as a Macro Fund Manager with 2 established hedge funds. They are Swordfish Fund (voted 4 times best Asian macro hedge fund) and Tudor Capital (one of the best macro hedge fund in the world). He traded currency, fixed income and equity indices.
In Jan 2009, Samuel founded Solitaire Asset Management, a proprietary trading company. The company is currently a SGX Trading Member.
Samuel is a dedicated trainer who has been involved in financial education and training. He taught CFA courses at Financial Perspectives in early 2000s and hedge funds courses at Wealth Management Institute in the mid 2000s. Samuel teaches trading as well as fixed income courses at SGX academy currently.