In this interactive workshop, participants will learn from Wilfred Ling, CFA on how money is created. They will also get to learn how to read monetary policies statements issued by central banks around the world. By the end of this workshop, participants will learn how influencing such money supply affects the economy and stock prices.
This workshop will also include a segment on investment market outlook. 80% of the workshop is educational in content.
- How money is created and destroyed?
- An example of how money is created is demonstrated.
- Why money supply has an influence over the economy?
- What are the relationships between investment returns and the state of economy?
- Hands-on session: You are a central bank and is tasked to create money. Using a template worksheet, how will you do it? The participant that provides the most detailed and correct answer wins a prize!
- Examples of monetary policy statements.
- Economic/investment outlook & how to invest?
- Bring along a calculator. A simple calculator that can add, subtract, multiply and divide will do. It is not necessary to have a financial calculator.
- Due to the interactive nature of the workshop, the number of participants is restricted to a small group size. Seats are limited.
- There is a Q&A session which participants are free to ask the trainer any questions relevant to the subject matter. However, they should not ask questions pertaining to their own personal financial situation because of the non-confidentiality nature of the workshop.
- Free admission for clients and those they bring. Clients to request for promotional code to get 100% discount.
About the Trainer
Wilfred Ling is a CFA charter holder and is a Chartered Financial Consultant®. Moreover, he is an ISO 22222 (SCI) certified person. The ISO 22222 certification means that he has been assessed by independent third party in relation to his financial planning process, ethics, competency, experience and thus adheres to the International Standard for financial planning.
As a fee-based professional financial planning practitioner, he has written many comprehensive financial plans for fee-paying clients. His clients seek his advice on a wide range of financial planning issues such as credit management, insurance, investments, retirement planning, tax planning and estate planning. His clients come from all walks of life such as:
Business owners, IT managers, IT consultants, teachers, engineers, students, retirees, directors, radiographers, airline cabin crews, actuarial consultants, vice-presidents (banks), accountants, restaurant supervisors, weather forecasters, National Servicemen, editors, police officers, veterinarian, R&D engineers, prison officers, laboratory technologist, risk management (banks), QA/Process Managers, analysts, salespersons, contractors, civil engineers, pharmacists, legal counsels, commercial pilots, salvage divers, auditors, housewives, finance managers, university lecturers, tax consultants, chief financial controllers, doctors, IFA investment specialists and financial advisers.
Wilfred Ling is the FA Associate Director with PromiseLand Independent Pte Ltd, which is licensed by Monetary Authority of Singapore to provide advice on insurance and collective investment schemes. He leads the Ethos Wealth Planners which is a group of advisers in PromiseLand.
He is also a member of the CFA Institute, CFA Singapore and Association of Financial Advisers (Singapore).